Bradford University was founded 51 years ago and today is one of the first ten universities in UK for results in occupational therapy, physiotherapy, medical technology and ophthalmic. If you are from Pakistan and are interested in studying Mathematics, Engineering, Science or Technology in UK, you will definitely be interested in this information.
The University of Bradford offers, through Bestway Foundation program, six scholarships for students who want to pursue a master degree and are domiciled in Pakistan. The scholarship is offered for master programs in Life Sciences and Engineering and Informatics (except courses organized by the faculty of Media, Design and Technology).
The scholarship is available to prospective students, who will start their academic year in September 2018. The deadline for applying for this scholarship is 11 May 2018. The application process is open on 12 April 2018, so until then you will have enough time to prepare it.
Candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Students must apply for a mater program at the Bradford University, not at an MBA program and must not have other sources of financial help.
- Students must be from Pakistan.
- They mush have already completed their undergraduate studies and have their degree in order to be able to apply.
- Candidates must include in their application a proof of their undergraduate studies.
- Candidates who will depend on their scholarship in order to pay for their master degree must apply for the scholarship first.
- Students must also meet the language and academic entry requirements for the master program they want to pursue. The minimum academic requirement is an overall average of 60% or a GPA of 2,5/4.
- The application includes a personal statement written by the applicant in which he describes his motivation for studying at Bradford, the ways in which his life and family have been affected by the political situation in Pakistan and his plans for the future, after finishing the master program and going back home.
Each scholarship will fully cover the tuition fees and accommodation costs. Students will also receive a living costs sum of £6,665 per year. This sum will be received in three payments, in October, January and April every year. The value of the entire scholarship is £30 000.
The successful candidates will be contacted in June 2018 and will be instructed on their next steps. The applicants chosen to receive the scholarships will then have to apply for a program at the university, show proof of their English proficiency and also obtain a study visa.